This is who I really am. No lies, no hiding. Just me fresh and real.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Forces of the World

Here's to my first post in the blogger community.

I am up at 3:22 am because my mind is moving at a million miles an hour; tomorrow (or rather, later today) my three year relationship with my boyfriend may come to an end. This breaks my heart to no end.
I can't wait to dive into the real world, head first and confidence at hand. Yes it may be another year and a half away but I'm so ready for that, and I know the journey begins now. Some believe that in order to grow up you can no longer dream, or pretend, or imagine. But I think it's the exact opposite. It opens up more opportunities to achieve our dreams and to reach for more than we could ever imagine for. But we're all content settling with what we get. My first few jobs, as a chemist, will only be so I can one day own a bakery. I realize that I can't just jump into that right after college unless I want to live out of a cardboard box but I can still hold onto that dream. 

cupcakes from an amazing woman, find her on flickr: hello naomi


But before I move onto the train of life, I have to survive this little thing called college. Above all else, college has changed me into a completely different human being than I was back in my comfortable life in Lubbock, TX. I was the first child of my family to leave that podunk town and it sure has been heartbreaking. My whole life lives in that town and it's the hardest being 7 long hours away. Three years later and I still get homesick for my mother's amazing meals and the comfort of watching tv on the couch. But that life was easy, you can't make progress if you just stay with what's comfortable. 



Life has seemed to be raining on my parade recently but
the best thing you can do when it's raining is to
let it rain.


2 comments:

  1. Rachel:

    I love it! I can't believe how grown up you are since I last saw you. I am proud of the young woman it appears you have become...even if you are an Aggie :)

    Tina

    ReplyDelete