This is who I really am. No lies, no hiding. Just me fresh and real.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Being an Aunt


Being an aunt could quite possibly be is definitely the greatest aspect of my life.

There's nothing quite like baking in the kitchen with your niece or having your nephew come up to you and tackle you with a huge hug. Luke and Ella bring me pure joy.

One night in December I was over at Nicole's hanging out (and I'm sure helping out with some craft project) when Ella came over to me, crawled in my lap with her favorite book of stickers and starts sticking them onto my shirt. I tried to get her to put them on a piece of paper so that she could have something to show for her creative thinking but she insisted that I keep them on my shirt. Then she told me to "show papaw when you get home." My heart seriously melted.


Call me crazy but I have this shirt sitting on my chair at home with the stickers still on them. 

It's just something about the smile on a child's face that makes the world a much brighter place.


1 comment:

  1. lovvveeeeeee it!!
    I remember that, haha oh Ella and her creativity..

    ReplyDelete