This is who I really am. No lies, no hiding. Just me fresh and real.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

From Prom Dresses to Engagement Rings

I went to Dallas for the first half of my Spring Break to visit Samantha, my best friend through 9 years of school, and to celebrate her new engagement. It's so weird that the person I basically grew up with is now moving into this whole new stage of life. I remember when we used to listen to Jimmy Eat World and pretend we were walking down a runway in her room. Now I'm shopping with her at David's Bridal and helping her plan a wedding. She asked me to be the maid of honor and I couldn't be more, for lack of a better word, honored. There are so many words jumbled in my head that I can't iron out to say right. Luckily I have a year and a few months to perfect my toast to these two. They really are so blessed to have each other, and I feel so blessed to have them as friends. 

This is going to be a crazy year. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me.

I just got home this evening and I finally got to see my niece and nephew for the first time in two months. It was so heartwarming to hear the giggle of a 2 month-old and the rants of a 2 year-old. I always feel so much love when I'm surrounded by my family. It feels like it's floating in the air, like a seed off a dandelion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment