This is who I really am. No lies, no hiding. Just me fresh and real.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

You Gotta Swim

"I swim for brighter days despite the absence of sun"

When I feel like the world is pulling me underwater and nothing goes right, I remind myself that it won't always be this bad, it will get better. Life is made up of a series of events, and how we handle these events makes us who we are. Every fall, every stumble, every tear, every heartache makes us stronger. It's funny how after all the clouds have gone, we realize that it wasn't so bad. But never during the storm can we appreciate the beauty of the thunder.

I've been thinking about starting another blog to document the process of getting through a breakup after a long-term relationship. My hope is that others who are going through the same thing can read it and find strength to keep their head above the water and learn from the mistakes I've made. Through all of this, I wished I had someone who went through the same thing to talk to and confide in. But not having that made me learn so much, and grow as a person.


My current feeling is like rain in the sunshine. There's nothing more beautiful than an afternoon rain in the summer when the sun is still shining; it makes the world seem so much brighter. My soul is so filled with Hope right now for reasons unknown to me. It just hit me all of a sudden, like a fresh breeze on a spring morning. There are so many things raining on me right now but all I see is the sunshine.

I feel refreshed


song suggestion of the day which inspired the painting I did above: Swim by Jack's Mannequin

No comments:

Post a Comment