This is who I really am. No lies, no hiding. Just me fresh and real.

Monday, April 2, 2012

A Breathing Room for the Spirit

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time."
-Thomas Merton

The past year I've found perfect release in painting. I surely am not an artist but painting allows me to express what I'm feeling without truly even knowing, myself, what that is. When I have an overwhelming weight on my heart, I paint it out. These are the few pieces I've done that I'm proud enough of to share. They may not be beautiful, but they have so much meaning.
Yes, all are painted on scrap cardboard.


Inspiration: Swim by Jack's Mannequin


Jump.
The color gradient here is my absolute favorite. Each color has a specific meaning, especially the silver and gold highlighting the top and bottom, respectively. 


I was just exploring textures here. Not quite sure what I was even going for


What I'm currently working on (I'm actually letting the blue dry as I'm writing this). I'm really excited to see what it'll turn into. I was so upset last night that I said 'screw the brushes, I'm using my hands' and now I don't think I'll ever paint with a brush again. 



Just something fun I did as part of the decorations for Samantha's bachelorette party.

No comments:

Post a Comment