This is who I really am. No lies, no hiding. Just me fresh and real.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

GLBT? Fine by Me

The homophobia in this town astonishes me.
I can't even.

I'm literally shaking and my heart is pounding thinking about the wonderful people I know that are mistreated just because of their sexual orientation.
THAT IS THEIR BUSINESS
they are still normal human beings.

Actually, they're stronger than I could ever be.
They face adversity every. single. day. And they still shine brighter than the sun.

so shame on you.
shame.


And all 'christians' that persecute the gay community just break my heart.
I thought God taught us to love all people. And not to judge, because that's his job in the end
Do you hate divorcees?
Because from your point of view, saying that being gay is a sin, no one else should be allowed in the church because of the sinful lives we all live. And if you've forgotten, God says that all sins are equal, no one is greater than the other.


“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."
Matthew 7:1-5




I rest my case.







2 comments:

  1. "like"
    Oh, and one of my sociology professors at Tech used to be a preacher, and he had picked through the scripture with us that talked about gays....seriously, it's one line out of the whole Bible. I'm pretty sure there are OTHER lines out there that we completely ignore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I didn't know that, but that's definitely true!

      Delete